Introduction of Asia Pacific Projects
Asia-Pacific Programme is being designed and implemented by the Asia-Pacific Programme Office (APPO) of ICHEI. APPO is responsible for all events and activities in the region, to organize, coordinate and implement projects in member states including Cambodia, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Indonesia, Malaysia, United Arab Emirates and Papua New Guinea etc. It is working in close collaboration with UNESCO Offices in the region, government of member states, National Commissions of UNESCO, related educational institutes and think tanks, to collaboratively promote the adoption of ICT in higher education to achieve inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all in the Asia-Pacific region.
Under the overall mission and vision of UNESCO-ICHEI, APPO specifically intends to:
- Improve knowledge and understanding of various stakeholders to promote the adoption of ICT in higher education;
- Strengthen the communications and exchange on the adoption of ICT in higher education;
- Collaborate with policy makers, institutional leaders, administrators, and educators, to build ICT-enabled and enhanced higher education learning environments;
- Share ideas and lessons for implementing ICT related policy with policy makers, institutional leaders, administrators, and educators through networking and partnership;
- Enhance capacity of policy makers, institutional leaders, administrators, and educators to improve performance of ICT-enabled higher education institutions;
- Catalyze critical empowerment to the higher education systems for positive transformations in all areas of life;
- Serve as a centre of excellence for education, training, research and development of ICT-related policy, pedagogy and curriculum;
Ms. Fan LI (Fan), Programme Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Xiaotong DUAN (Sherry), Programme Officer, email@example.com
Mr. Xiangzheng TANG (Tim), Programme Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org
Let’s make a difference!
APPO has been working closely with numerous multilateral agencies, universities and colleges, private sector and individual experts who share the common goals of mainstreaming the innovative use of ICT to achieve higher education access, expansion and quality. We welcome project ideas, activities and initiatives from all the potentials partners.
Office Tel: 0086-755-88010926