Job Opportunity – Programme Officer（Arab countries）, UNESCO-ICHEINovember 25, 2020
The International Centre for Higher Education Innovation under the auspices of UNESCO (UNESCO-ICHEI) is a UNESCO category 2 centre for education based in Shenzhen, China as well as a public institution in Shenzhen. In compliance with UNESCO’s missions, leveraging the resource of Shenzhen’s information and communication technology (ICT) sector and China’s experience of higher education massification, UNESCO-ICHEI supports higher education development and improve education quality and equity in developing countries in Asia Pacific, Africa and West Asia.
In accordance with the requirement for its work, UNESCO-ICHEI calls for applications for the following post:
1. Post Information
Job Title：Programme Officer
Level / Fee: A/P1 UNESCO-ICHEI salary scale subject to experience and qualifications
Type of Contract: Service contract
Department: West Asia and Africa Programme Office
Duration: One-year contract with a probationary period of three months with possibility of extension
Duty Station: Shenzhen, China
Deadline of Application: 24 December, 2020
2. Duties and Responsibilities：
Under the authority of the Director of UNESCO-ICHEI, the overall supervision of the Chief of the West Asia and Africa Programme Office, the incumbent shall perform the functions as follows:
(1) Independently conduct UNESCO-ICHEI’s programmes in Arab countries, including but not limited to programme planning, implementation and monitoring and evaluation in Arab countries;
(2) Establish and maintain UNESCO-ICHEI’s partnerships with Arab countries, UNESCO system offices in the region, higher education institutions, ministries in charge of higher education, regional organisations and related professional organisations;
(3) Conduct project-based research on higher education and ICT development in this region, develop project reports, research reports, policy briefs and publications;
(4) Provide interpretation and translation from Arabic to English/Chinese and vice versa of documents, reports, etc.;
(5) Other tasks, as requested the Chief of the West Asia and Africa Programme Office and the Director of UNESCO-ICHEI.
3. Qualifications /Requirements
Bachelor’s degree and above. Degrees in higher education, education technology or ICT-related fields are preferred.
(1) Professional proficiency in English with excellent listening, speaking, reading and writing skills.
(2) Working-level proficiency in Arabic.
(1) At least two years of work experience in international organisations, or ICT-related industries in Arab countries, would be an advantage.
(2) Experience in higher education programmes in Arab countries will be an asset.
(1) Result-based project management and the ability to independently work on delegated tasks and deliver quality outcomes efficiently is required;
(2) Knowledge of global developments in higher education and international/regional engagement strategies;
(3) Good organisational, communication, analytical thinking and coordination skills, strong sense of responsibility and teamwork skills.
(4) Excellent IT skills with proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.), knowledge of typesetting and editing softwares is an asset.
4. How to apply
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter accompanied by full resume stating details of educational qualifications, working experience to: email@example.com and cc: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please specify the position you apply for in the title of the email, email subject ‘Programme Officer- Arab countries- NAME’. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. For further information, please contact Mr. Jiang at +86 (0) 755-88010925.