Call for Application: Programme Officer, Asia Pacific Programme OfficeMay 21, 2020
The International Centre for Higher Education Innovation under the auspices of UNESCO (UNESCO-ICHEI) is a UNESCO category 2 centre jointly built by UNESCO and Shenzhen Municipal Government of the People’s Republic of China. Located inside the campus of Southern University of Science and Technology, UNESCO-ICHEI is an independent public institution in Shenzhen. In accordance with the requirement for its work, UNESCO-ICHEI calls for applications for the following post:
1. Post Information
Job Title: Programme Officer,Asia Pacific Programme Office
Level / Fee: P1/P2 UNESCO-ICHEI salary scale subject to experience and qualifications
Type of Contract: Service contract
Duration: One year contract with a probationary period of one month with possibility of extension
Duty Station: Shenzhen, China
Deadline of Application: 15 June, 2020
(1) Independently carry out UNESCO-ICHEI’s higher education programmes in Asia Pacific countries;
(2) Conduct programme design, programme-based research, programme monitoring and evaluation;
(3) Coordinate with related government agencies, partner universities and UNESCO offices in programme countries to facilitate programme implementation and contribute to networking and partnership building;
(4) Participate in UNESCO-ICHEI’s flagship inter-departmental programmes, such as the International Institute for Online Education (IIOE).
3. Qualifications /Requirements
Bachelor’s degree and above, education technology, higher education or computer science majors are preferred.
(1) Experience in project design, implementation, communication and evaluation is required.
(2) Experience in higher education programmes in Asia Pacific countries will be an asset.
(1) Result-based project management is required;
(2) Knowledge of global developments in higher education and international/regional engagement strategies;
(3) Good organizational and communication skills, strong sense of responsibility and teamwork skills.
(1) Professional proficiency in English with excellent listening, speaking, reading and writing skills;
(2) Knowledge of French or local languages of Asia Pacific countries will be an asset.
4. How to apply
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter accompanied by full resume stating details of educational qualifications, working experience, and present income to: firstname.lastname@example.org and cc: email@example.com.
Please specify the position you apply for in the title of the email. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. For further information, please contact Mr. Jiang at +86 (0) 755-88010925.