UNESCO-ICHEI Call for Applications: Capacity Development SpecialistApril 23, 2020
The International Centre for Higher Education Innovation under the auspices of UNESCO (UNESCO-ICHEI) is a UNESCO category 2 centre jointly built by UNESCO and Shenzhen Municipal Government of the People’s Republic of China. Located inside the campus of Southern University of Science and Technology, UNESCO-ICHEI is an independent public institution in Shenzhen. In accordance with the requirement for the International Institute of Online Education programme, UNESCO-ICHEI calls for applications for the following post:
1. Post Information
Job Title: Capacity Development Specialist
Level / Salary: P2/P3 UNESCO-ICHEI salary scale subject to experience and qualifications
Type of Contract: Service contract
Duration: One year contract with a probationary period of one month with possibility of extension
Duty Station: Shenzhen, China
Deadline of Application: 10 May, 2020
(1) Design and develop IIOE capacity development system or training plan;
(2) Organize and coordinate IIOE capacity development sessions, and support the implementation of cascading IIOE training in partner higher education institutions;
(3) Manage existing IIOE training resources and expand new resources;
(4) Support and assist IIOE Course Team in integrating abundant online course resources to meet the demand of IIOE training.
3. Qualifications /Requirements
Master’s degree and above, higher education, education technology or ICT related fields are preferred.
(1) International experience in capacity development, online education, or teacher professional development;
(2) Working experiences in UN system, international organizations and NGOs, or in higher education systems in Africa and Asia-Pacific countries will be an asset.
(1) Knowledge of global developments in higher education and international / regional engagement strategies;
(2) Good organizational and communication skills, strong sense of responsibility and team work;
(3) Respect for diversity and intercultural vision;
(3) Knowledge of ICT application in higher education.
(1) Working-level proficiency of English;
(2) Knowledge in French will be an asset.
4.How to apply
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter accompanied by full resume stating details of educational qualifications and working experience, present income e-mail to: email@example.com and cc: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please specify the position you apply for in the title of the email. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. For further information, please contact Mr. Jiang at 0755-88010925.