UNESCO-ICHEI Calls for Programme Officer for West Asia and Africa Programme OfficeMarch 18, 2020
Call for Programme Officer for West Asia and Africa Programme Office
1. Post Information
Job Title: Programme Officer
Level / Fee: P1/P2 of UNESCO-ICHEI Salary Level subjects to the working experience and qualifications
Type of Contract: Service contract
Duration: One year with possibility of extension contract with a probationary period of one month
Duty Station: Shenzhen, China
Deadline of Application: 15 April, 2020
2. Organizational Context
The International Centre for Higher Education Innovation under the auspices of UNESCO (UNESCO-ICHEI), located in Shenzhen, People’s Republic of China is the tenth Education Sector UNESCO Category 2 centre in the world and also the first Category 2 centre for higher education in China. Relying on the advantages of Shenzhen’s information and communication technology (ICT) sector and drawing upon China’s experience with the massification of its higher education, UNESCO-ICHEI aims to meet the regional demand for quality higher education in developing countries through introduction of new technology. UNESCO-ICHEI has been carrying out higher education cooperative projects with the member countries along the Maritime Silk Road.
West Asia and Africa Programme Office is responsible for all educational engagements in West Asia and Africa countries, to facilitate the organization, coordination and implementation of projects in project countries in this region, including Djibouti, Ethiopia, Egypt, the Gambia, Kenya, Nigeria, Uganda. In line with UNESCO’s Africa Priority strategy, UNESCO-ICHEI intends to further include the UNESCO-Shenzhen Funds-In-Trust project countries and UNESCO-China Funds-In-Trust project counties as its new project countries since 2020, and these countries are Cote d’Ivoire, Senegal, Niger, Mali, Togo, Namibia, Malawi, Zambia.
(1) Independently carry out UNESCO-ICHEI’s higher education programmes in Africa, especially in Francophone countries;
(2) Conduct programme design, programme based research, programme monitoring and evaluation;
(3) Coordinate with related government agencies, partner universities and UNESCO offices in programme countries to facilitate programme implementation and contribute to networking and partnership building;
(4) Participate in UNESCO-ICHEI’s flagship inter-department programmes.
4. Qualifications /Requirements
Bachelor’s degree and above, preferably in International Relations or ICT related fields;
(1) Experience in UNESCO or other UN agencies, international organization is an advantage;
(2) Experiences in Africa countries with related industries would be an advantage;
(1) Excellent French language proficiency in comprehension, speaking, reading and writing;
(2) Working-level proficiency of English;
(1) Result-based project management is required;
(2) Knowledge of global developments in higher education and international/regional engagement strategies;
(3) Good organizational and communicational skills, strong sense of responsibility and team work.
5.How to apply
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter accompanied by full resume stating details of educational qualifications and working experience, present income e-mail to: email@example.com and cc: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please specify the position you apply for in the title of the email. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. For further information, please contact Mr. Jiang at 0755-88010925.